Due to events relating to the Corona Virus, we have made changes to our usual arrangements. The usual arrangements are still shown but please note the changes.
Government advice is to not have group meetings and so our regular meetings cannot go ahead, until further notice.
The committee have therefore decided to hold online meetings on the same dates and at the same times BUT using ZOOM for the foreseeable future.
(Visit www.zoom.us for full details of set up and how best to use the software).
Meeting I.D. is : 928-881-3551
Meeting Password is: 891403
The login and password details are the same each time and so members can continue to use the existing ones.
If you are not a member or are a member of any other Toastmasters club then you are welcome to login to any meeting using the details below.
Everyone will arrive in the waiting room and will then be admitted to the meeting.
Please aim to have your device set up and ready with audio and video active.
The session will open at 7pm giving enough time for everyone to login and be orientated prior to the meeting starting at 7:30 promptly.
If you arrive in the waiting area after the meeting has started you may have to wait to be admitted at a suitable opportunity in the session.
This site is where we will post any information regarding changes to arrangements, so do keep checking back.
Keep calm and carry on.
Future meetings moved to be online due to the government guidlines.
Manchester Orators was established in 2002 and became a fully chartered Toastmasters group in 2003.
From the start to the present we are proud of the fact that Manchester Orators has helped hundreds of people become better public speakers and leaders.
Our group usually have open meetings on the 2nd Thursday and 4th Thursday of each month in Central Manchester at the Rain Bar. Visitors are welcomed at these meetings.
We also meet on the first and third Thursdays of each month but those meetings arereserved for members only.
During the Covid 19 lockdown all online meetings are open to anyone including visitors.
See the list below for meeting dates.
Regular venue: THE BOARD ROOM, 3rd floor of the RAIN BAR Manchester.
- Regular open meeting days: second and fourth Thursdays
Note: this is not the same as meeting every two weeks and sometimes there will be 3 weeks between meetings.
- Pre-meeting start: 7pm.
- Meeting start time: 7:30pm.
- Expected finish time: 9.30 – 9.50pm. (Depending on the meeting content)
- The meetings on the first and third Thursday of each month are for members only.
2020 Diary Dates
- January 2nd NO MEETING – Happy NEW YEAR
- January 9th Members Only
- January 16th Open to Visitors
- January 23rd Members Only (Moments of Truth)
- January 30th Open to Visitors ( Burns Night)
- February 6th Members Only
- February 13th Open to Visitors
- February 20th Members Only
- February 27th Open to Visitors
- March 5th Members Only ( Competition Night)
- March 12th Open to Visitors
- Until further notice, the following meetings will be online.
- Visitors please use the site form to request access to open ones.
- March 19th Members Only
- March 26th Open to Visitors
- April 2nd Members Only
- April 9th Open to Visitors
- April 16th Members Only
- April 23rd Open to Visitors
- April 30th Members only (Bonus night- Special Masterclass session)
- May 7th Members Only
- May 14th Open to Visitors
- May 21st Members Only
- May 28th Open to Visitors
- June 4th Members Only
- June 11th Open to Visitors
- June 18th Members Only
- June 25th Open to Visitors
Please put all these dates in your online diary now so that you will be certain to get reminders to attend each meeting.
Always check back here before each meeting in case there is a last minute change to venue or time.
If there is no change to this site you can reliably assume that the meeting is as planned.
Visitors are always welcome, free of charge. So come along and see what it’s all about.
Current members with ID and passwords can update details and sign up for roles using the Orators on-line administration facility via the link below.
(If you are a member and don’t yet have your password – please use the response form on this site to request one).