Orators 2018 Christmas Meal
This is now fully booked, if want us to let you know if there are any cancellations send an email.
Our 2018 Christmas meal will be at the Rain Bar on the 15th of December.
It will be a semi-formal affair which means ‘dress to impress’.
(Not casual attire such as slashed jeans and an old tee shirt)!
Of course, it will be FAR more than just a meal and will include several popular Toasties activities between courses and afterwards.
The cost of the meal and the private room has been kept to £25 per person, which may include wine too.
The number of places is limited and so we have to work on a pre-booked basis.
To reserve a place for just yourself, or also for a guest, simply send your payment direct to the club bank account using the details below:
Account name: Manchester Orators
Account number: 01198481
Sort code: 30-13-90
Please enter; Orators Meal and your name as part of your payment submission.
Just to be clear, for ONE place send £25 and for TWO places send £50.
Completion of the meal selection form below will confirm your booking.
It is possible to complete the selection form before making payment but please do try to pay as soon as possible since we need to prepay the venue.
(Payment in cash, after completing the order form, will be accepted if given as the exact amount to our Treasurer; Jim Gregory at a meeting – He will give you a receipt for the money).
Below are the mouth-watering details of the meal choices available from the good people at JW Lees. The text in bold is the short name used in the booking form.
Items with V are suitable for vegetarians.
Items with GFA have a Gluten Free Alternative, which is listed separately in the booking form.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that any menu items are free from nuts.
No dishes knowingly contain genetically modified ingredients.
- Creamed winter vegetable soup with sage croutons & warm bread (V/GFA)
- Prawn & avocado cocktail with Marie Rose sauce & lemon (GFA)
- Chicken liver & brandy pâté, Plum Pudding ale chutney & toasted onion bread
- Seasonal melon cocktail & mulled wine sorbet (V/GFA)
- Roast British turkey breast, sage & onion stuffing, chipolata sausage, cranberry sauce, seasonal vegetables with goose fat roasties & roast gravy (GFA)
- Slow braised shin of beef, horseradish mash, Yorkshire pudding, seasonal vegetables and JW Lees ale gravy (GFA)
- Pan fried fillets of sea bass, lemon & caper butter, creamed spinach & sautéed potatoes (GFA)
- Gnocchi in a leek & blue cheese sauce topped with a savoury chestnut crumble.
- Traditional Christmas pudding with brandy sauce
- Salted caramel profiteroles with warm chocolate sauce (V)
- Glazed lemon tart with mulled winter berries (V)
- A selection of award-winning, regional British cheeses with oatcakes, apple, celery & Manchester Star Ale chutney (GFA)
So decide on your choices – and those of your partner if you’re bringing one – and grab your space!