The Mission of A Toastmasters Club
The mission of a Toastmasters Club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop and practice communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
Being a Toastmaster means more than simply making a commitment to self-development.
Everyone who joins a Toastmasters club is making a commitment to the club, to its members, and to the organisation as a whole.
A member’s Promise
· To attend meetings regularly.
· To prepare all my speeches to the best of my ability, basing them on projects on the Communication and Leadership Program manual or the Advanced Communication and Leadership Program manuals.
· To prepare to fulfill meeting assignments.
· To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations.
· To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow.
· To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so.
· To treat my fellow members and our guests with respect and courtesy.
· To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers.
· To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs.
· To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters’ activities.